Silicon Bronze Screws
What is a Silicon Bronze Screw?
Silicon bronze screws, sometimes known as silicon bronze fasteners, are screws made from a unique composition of copper, silicon, and several other elements.
What are Silicon Bronze Screws Used For?
Silicon bronze screws have a wide array of uses in different applications where corrosion resistance and durability are paramount. Let’s take a closer look at some of the different applications where these screws get used:
- Woodworking - Silicon bronze wood screws are commonly used in woodworking, especially when strength and durability are required.
- Marine applications - When it comes to boatbuilding and other marine applications, few things compare to the strength and corrosion resistance of silicon bronze screws.
- Outdoor construction - since screws left outdoors are often subject to less-than-ideal conditions, the corrosion resistance of silicon bronze fasteners makes them ideal for this use.
Benefits of a Silicon Bronze Screw
There are many different benefits to using bronze silicon screws. Some of the advantages they hold over standard options like bronze screws include the following:
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Extreme versatility
- Suitability to many different conditions
- They’re easy to use, making them ideal for DIY.
- Their compatibility with copper makes them ideal for use in projects where galvanic corrosion needs to be minimized.
- Their non-magnetic properties are useful when magnetic interference is a concern.
- They’re aesthetically pleasing, thanks to their reddish-bronze color.
- They have high strength, which translates to fantastic durability.
Silicon Bronze Screw Sizes
If you look at the website of silicon bronze wood screws suppliers or silicon bronze screws for any other type of use, you’ll find that there are an array of different sizes.
There are typically two different sizes that you need to consider. The first is the overall size of the screw, which is usually represented by a # followed by a number. Each of these ascribed numbers refers to a pre-defined diameter. You may find silicon bronze screws in sizes ranging from #4 to #16.
In terms of length, these screws also come in a sometimes bewildering array of options. From lengths of as little as ⅜” to screws of three inches, there’s sure to be something for your project.