Longboy drill bits are essentially long drill bits for wood that give you more reach than you’d have with a normal drill bit. Because of this, they have a wide variety of uses, which may include the following:
· Woodworking - in certain types of woodworking projects, standard-length drill bits just don’t pass muster. For example, in the case of built-in cupboards, extra long wood bits may be required to install the furniture properly.
· Construction - In construction, extra long drill bits may sometimes be required to help ensure that certain installations go off without a hitch. Standard-length drill bits are sometimes not long enough to allow full penetration of supports and fasteners.
· Plumbing and Electric - When installing plumbing and electrical conduits in small spaces, professionals may employ long drill bits. This gives them the space they need to snake conduit or small-diameter plumbing without having to employ larger, more expensive machinery.
Benefits of a Longboy Drill Bit
So, what are the advantages of this type of drill bit? A few of them include the following:
· They have an increased reach.
· They have a lower risk of overheating.
· They offer improved versatility compared to standard drill bits.
· They’re easy to use compared to alternative options for making deep holes in wood or metal.
· They help save time and even labor.
Longboy Drill Bit Sizes
This type of long wood bit comes in an assortment of sizes. There are two things you need to look at size-wise when choosing long drill bits for wood.
First, you need to determine the diameter that you require. This is commonly referred to simply as the size. Available sizes may range from as little as 3/16” to as much as 1”.
The next thing you want to consider is the length that you require. These long drill bits are available in lengths ranging from 12” to 48”.